Mississippi Moments

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Nearly two year old Taurus female and I--we bonded this weekend. She taught me sign language and I taught her how to hang clean socks on an old-fashioned drying rack. She thought that was the bomb. and so did I. It was enjoyable to be doing household chores with a little helper. I probably won't feel the same several years from now, but I enjoyed it this weekend just the same.
I learned a few other things:
1. I hate the smell of dirty diapers.
2. In a huge way.
3. Love and Logic works on the under three crowd if you leave out the Logic part and replace it with "I'm bigger and this is how we do it at Auntie Erin's house" part...very easy. Works pretty well if you don't mind your ears splitting...no, I'm only kidding. She never really sounded off. She was not happy with the bath part, but we made it quick and painless with warm towels. She really got into the brushing teeth part.
4. My house is SO not child-proof.
5. I am embarrassed to admit but there was one panicky moment there when I thought her diapers were on too tight and I had to call dad (mom was busy feising) to find out. Here was the response: Are her eyes bugging out? (No)Then they're not on too tight. Are the diapers hanging around her ankles? (No) Then they aren't too loose. Good, Dad. It's been awhile. I just did the same thing you do to check if the dog's collar is just right--the two finger check and if there's a little room, you are golden. Taurus child made all sorts of gutteral body noises and I guess it was just part of her earthy lexicon. I wasn't used to it.
I went with my friend, Jean, today to meet a puppy. He is sweet. I am thinking on it and need to talk with Lydia.
The knees are not holding up well under the initial running tests in anticipation of the Dash. thinking about that, too.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger About Me said…

    "Dash" is relative. I walked it at a brisk pace a couple of years ago, and that seemed to work out okay.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try hanging a tall, nonfat, sugar free vanilla latte in front of you off of your hat! :) In all seriousness, you don't have to actually RUN the whole thing. Just run till you feel like puking, pull over, and walk the rest of the way! The diaper thing made me laugh so hard this morning in the office...thank you!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the Dash is easier to run if you are wearing Green Tights, a Giant Leprechaun hat, some sort of Beer Logo and cape so you look like an Irish Super-hero. That's how real Irish people dress on St. Patrick's Day you know......

    b

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahahahaha! Diaper duty cracked me up. And, changing the poo that you own is much easier than changing the poo you don't ~ doesn't make you gag nearly as much. xoxoxo, maude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home