Mississippi Moments

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grandfather,
Look at our brokenness.
We know that in all creation
Only the human family has strayed from the Sacred Way.

Sacred One,
Teach us in love, compassion, and honor
That we may heal this earth
And heal each other.------Ojibway prayer


The world continues its spin. Including my little pocket.
Updates:
I was sick, in-out-all around all of last week. Came out of my gopher hole fully on Sunday. Not sick now. In or out. Was nailed by something in my chest. Probably my soul, too, but who's thinking about that now?
My friend, Jean, fell at work and fractured her hip. She is now at home. Resting, recalibrating, healing...

The pear tree is in full blossom. The crabapples are arm-wrestling to see who will be first in the front garden. There are pansies that I planted last year in a fog that are now up in back. I also pulled up three carrots that overwintered. I don't remember much about last year. My body seems to. I keep bracing for something bad to happen.

Cedar is blowing his coat. It's like living inside a blender with doghair swirling around you. I am happy about this. I have waited a very long time...and he is only a TEENAGER! Just wait 'till next year. I wondered if he would have the materials to coat every nest in Ballard (and Shoreline) and he will. Lydia informed me that he gives his fair share at daycare and the morning after, she finds it hanging in all the trees in the backyard. Birds are so smart--they don't need "Free to a good home" signs on this stuff.

Work is work. The children are learning, growing, blowing their coats (our room heats up quickly). Again, I am thankful for this. 7 weeks until they are no longer second graders.

And to finish this, with good coffee in hand...change is. hard. There sure is a damn lot of it--like sheltie hair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home