Mississippi Moments

Monday, August 17, 2009


Just Give Me This
Just give me this:
A rinsing out, a cleansing free of all my smaller strivings
So I can be the class act God intended,
True to my purpose,
All my energy aligned behind my deepest intention.

And just this:A quieting down, a clearing away of internal ruckus,
So I can hear the huge stillness of my heart
And feel
How I pulse with all creation, Part and parcel of Your great singing ocean.

And this, too:
A willingness to notice and forgive the myriad times
I fall short,
Forgetting who I really am,
What I really belong to.

So I can start over,
Fresh and clean
Like sweet sheets billowing in the summer sun,
My heart pierced with gratitude.----Belleruth Naparstek


Our women's gathering was what it was. A gathering. Of women. Where we are. To acknowledge, celebrate, listen, pray, share, walk, laugh, and more pray. Add some wine, tears, cares, 5 cats, one silly puppy, tons of hummingbirds, and that was pretty much it. I found a few more special hidden spots in the woods following deer trails and checking on some tree friends. Porter and I just sat in the quiet and mist in the early, early morning. No sounds except our breathing and a few birds. Flicker. Kingfisher. Goldfinch. Raven. And others I don't know yet. The land two driveways down from the Field is still for sale. It has a ramshackle cabin/house on it. My fairy goddaughter talked me off the ledge on the way home. I am holding here. For now. To see what is coming up the path this later summer and into early fall. And then plans I will make and will take. I am not going to stay in the city for much longer. It is harder and harder to come back into chaos and traffic and tightness every time. We read a poem by Rumi called the Gnostic Donkey.1 and 2. Wish I had it here--bottom line--Why wait for Life? It does not wait for you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home