Mississippi Moments

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sonnet 61
Francesco Petrarch

Blest be the day, and blest the month and year,
Season and hour and every moment blest...


Right here. Right now. Right on.

Tomorrow we are gonna get our butts handed to us on a platter at the Staff vs. 8th grade volleyball game. I went in early to practice. Oi. My hands do not work in that way. Wish we could just kick it over. That works.

I have bonded with the middleschoolers. I now dream about them. I now pray for them when I walk--all thoughts are prayer before 5:30 a.m.---and I wonder about them in my nonschool life. Notice I did not say "worry". Getting clear on the "What's yours, mine, ours, and THEIRS" bit and what that looks like in practice in the long run.

Sure digging Indian food lately. Going to learn how to make Nan as well as vegan jello shots with Mike's hard lemonade or smirnoff's cranberry blitzers. After I finish the latest batch of essays. Or not. My dog wants to play ball.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home