Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

He-Who-Has-Yet-To-Be-Named...this calls for a song...from "Annie"..."I think he's gonna like it here!....
I'm having fun puppy proofing this place. I'm also kid-proofing at the same time...one drawer and cupboard and cord at a time. ( This time there isn't any berber rug to pull up or curtains to chew on. With Fiona, I hadn't discovered gated enclosures yet. With Sadie, I didn't care. She was an act of defiance. Not a good reason to get a puppy but admittedly, one of my Heart's Desires.)
Felt stupid at the Petco when I tried to find just a PLAIN BLUE COLLAR. Stood there for 15 minutes and there was all this fancy junk with clips and glow in the dark wahboos and some came with their own cell phones...
I'm having an Erma Bombeck moment--"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!" HE'S A DOG!!
It was also fun to run into a parent and child from the other school on the other hill from eons ago and she looked at me long and hard and said, "Oh my God! You look great." (That was an upper.) We chatted. It was alright.
This little guy is already signed up for puppy play group and I am signed up for socialization classes so I can learn how to let my dog be a DOG. Fiona and Sadie were not normal. I'm sure you knew that, but I didn't. Everything I learned about dogs came from Lassie books and the Hollywood Dog Training Video I ordered when I first moved to Pensacola, FL. Down there, I had way too much time on my hands when Joe was away on training flights. We had cable and something called QVC. Which is what I watched when we weren't kayaking on gator-infested bayous...
Tomorrow I get to teach him that I am his One...and what grass feels like.
The offers for baby gates are needed and appreciated. 5 will be perfect. Thanks Maude, Kathleen and Jean. Please put your names on them so I can return them when we are finished. I hope I can sleep tonight.
Still planning to do the Dash. The sign-up is at the Old Peculiar on the 23rd. Wonder where I put my green tights? If not, I'm sure Barb has some in the basement...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooooh I can feel it! This is so exciting!! Fiona and Sadie not normal? *blink* *blink* what??

    And if you name him after me you better get him that fancy collar and a purse to match his identity crisis.

    love you!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger JeanBean said…

    Yes, yes. I will bring the gate and some extra dog towels AND my camera when I sit for little you-know-who this afternoon. I am so happy that you and he will have this entire day to get to know one another. How great! Have you read the New Skete Monks' raising a puppy book? Did I already lend it to you? Also Brian Kilcommons' book is a good one. So glad he is alreadyn signed up for puppy socializing. How much fun is this?

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HE IS SO CUTE!!! I met "he who actually has a name but I'm not telling" today. He was very shy and not so sure about me. He really wanted to come and say hello but didn't have quite enough curiousity or courage. I give him a day and he is going to be in to EVERYTHING! I did get a couple of pets and some stink to go along with it though so I was happy. Way to go EMR. XOXO, maude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home