Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Be Careful What You Give Kids for Birthday Gifts.
When I turned around in the Forum in the late afternoon on Saturday, walking on ancient pavers put there by slaves thousands of years ago,in the center of ancient Roma it caught my breath. Literally. I had to go lean on a tipped over marble column and literally pinch myself. I was IN one of my dreams. When I was a kid, my mom and dad gave me something I think is called a viewfinder. You put this round thing in and looked through the lens and slides would show you wonders and scenes. (Mom probably has it in her famopus basement somewhere...The slide-thingy I remember the most was one of the treasures of the world. it included the David, the Sistine chapel, the Forum, the Coliseum, a Roman amphitheater, Etruscan sarcophagi, and Duomo of Firenze. Be careful what you give kids for birthday presents....it can have a deep impact. I took a walk INSIDE the viewfinder. I will never be the same. Grazie Mille!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home