Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Day. Good News. All-clear with the usual scans. Couldn't do the MRI without drugs.
It wasn't a matter of will power. It was a matter of the nice people in the MRI room did not want to clean up after my ralphing if I stayed in there. One of those things you don't know until you try. ("Oh, you never have any fun out of things you haven't done."--Ogden Nash) Go back on Friday for a redo WITH DRUGS. And my mom driving. And two Magical Strings CDs. Thank you, Val. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance will now have Magical Strings to offer folks. I turned down "House of Pain" which was the suggestion by the younger of the two techs. I don't even know what that is for heaven's sake!?!

Also completed step 1 (notarization) and setp 2 (fingerprinting for the FBI) for the adoption. It did not cost a small fortune, was completed by a very cute officer in training, and Val introduced me to some colleagues and from the Lynnwood Police Dept. and CP program. A long, somewhat trying on the inside day, with productivity on my end (finished a bucketload of mid-year assessments and other paperwork as well as finished a book on healthy brain strategies and development, esp. adolescents). I can't complain and I'm not. It still is jarring down there at SCCA. And it's a long, long day. Waiting for news. And then three times now-happy news. Let's hope Friday brings more. One of my doctors is conservatively curious as to why there is some puffiness around one end of the scar. Let's hope it's good old scar tissue and too many tots in bed. Yes, I admit it. I eat tots on my couch bed while watching Belle's Enchanted Christmas, Bambi, Olive the Other Reindeer. I have two more Christmas movies in the queue for next week. The Christmas light is always on here in EMR land. (What do you think was on my i=pod all day today? "House of Pain"? Bite your tongue.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger About Me said…

    House of Pain = funny! Someone's a comedian in radiology. (You'd hate it.) I got to listen to Sting "Dream of the Blue Turtles" about a million times for my scans. Very soothing. I'm sorry you couldn't do the MRI without drugs, though. Takes what little fun there is out of it. ::hug::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home