Mississippi Moments

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The children never knew that Cedar was not here anymore. Many of the end-of-the-schoolyear- gifts were for him yesterday. Luckily, there was an 9 week old golden puppy named Whistler next door so he got lots of new to him goodies and toys. I did receive this elaborately hand-made card yesterday which I will keep..because this is what is precious to me.

On the front cover:
God has Kept His Promise (and a rainbow and beautiful flowers and a little calligraphy style I taught the kids)

On the inside: Dear Ms. R
thank you so SO much for being my teacher. The funniest (circled and in purple) part with you is when you went in the hall and JUMPED (again in purple) around and DANCED (purple). (again, that famous "happy dance" which shows up when I am delighted and the energy is just too much too contain--piss off to those who think I am emotionally unreachable--that's just good old-fashioned self-protection)
I loved it when we learned all the poems and got to write them down.

And at my old school, we had to tuck in our shirts ALL day !!!!!!(in secondgradeland, the untucking occurs after first snack around 9:45 if you should so choose).

Your student, H.L.
p.s. You're the best teacher I've ever had!! (correctly placed apostrophes for contractions over which we worked our butts off!)

P.S. THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger About Me said…

    ...proving that, some days, it's TOTALLY worth it to chew through the restraints. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home