Mississippi Moments

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"At the rainbow spring,
The dragonflies start......."-Zuni

So, back in the land of ordinary reality. And spring sprung while I was walking the cliffs of Cinque Terre and losing my camera while cycling on the ancient walls of the city of Lucca and sampling wine in a 15th century wine cellar in Volterra and looking into the eyes of alabaster Etruscan noblewomen and men. Then I came back and looked into the eyes of my pup who is blowing his coat and of students who want to blow their coats and all the growing ones who are blowing scents and leaves and colors into my sphere...the rainbow has sprung. I continue to prepare to rest. And play Andy Williams and Magical Strings and Colleen Raney. Spring must have its own soundtrack on the inside when it is still feeling like winter dreams on the outside...at least at 4 in the morning. Oh, today was peaceful.The stars were winking. The morning air was sharp and still. And I had plenty of time to do laundry and dishes and transition research for what is to come. And to think on last night and the big family dinner celebrating 4 birthdays--one of the birthday girls is in Heaven. What a place for her party...and I felt her near me, almost holding my hand and guiding me around St. Peter's Basilica, into the corners and quiet chapels (huge, ornate, amazing churches within a church)--sacred space. Sometime, I would like to think and write on the sacred space I find in the rain forest and at the ocean and the sacred space in places like the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's and the Duomo in Firenze and every other place and the oratorios of the convents we visited and the Baptistries....another time. Add to that the sacred space I find whenever I am in circle and relationship with others. Is there any place or time that is NOT sacred? I am beginning to believe not.

And I am thankful that there was a professional photographer on the trip who will share his photos so the ones that were lost won't really be. But they really can't be. I carry them deep inside. With a lot of other stuff.

On another note: I am going back to my team for more scans. They have found something that is giving them concern. I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home