Mississippi Moments

Monday, July 05, 2010

"Look at spirit,
how it fuses with earth
giving it new life.

Why are you so busy
with this or that or good or bad
pay attention to how things blend.

Why talk about all
the known and the unknown,
see how the unknown merges into the known?

Why think separately
of this life and the next
when one is born from the last?

Look at your heart and tongue.
One feels but deaf and dumb
the other speaks in words and signs.

Look at water and fire
earth and wind
enemies and friends all at once..."---from Rumi's Life and Death

Shorter walk this morning-only three miles. Did not notice any birds in particular this morning, but there was a group of Newfies and one cat that made it kind of interesting. James was not a quiet Newfie nor did he listen to his person. The coffee was good, too. Had a quiet 4th. Needed that. Will have a much longer walk this afternoon. And some agility training in the backyard. Having fun with recall games.

Noticing what happens when I now have the time and space to feel things at their own pace and depth. Some of it hurts. Body goes into drama. Doesn't serve me anymore. Working on the balance thing with this.....and letting the feelings feel. And letting them go--or walking the snot out of them or letting Mother Earth hold my tears and craptastic "poor, pitiful me" tantrum emotions that show up from time to time...there is no poor, pitiful me anywhere near me or in me. She is not here. She is not there. She is not anywhere.

I am enjoying not knowing what is next. I am enjoying not planning and setting out the framework of a path. I am not exactly enjoying the powerful dreams that are showing up illuminating these firsts but there they're.

And I am enjoying that I have a dog who does not react to fireworks. Sleeps right through them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home