Mississippi Moments

Thursday, June 17, 2010

For the modern mystic--

I found this this morning:
"--to be walking with her feet planted firmly on the ground,
but thinking with her head soaring powerfully through the sky. To live solidly grounded, but from a spiritual foundation, integrating within ourselves the consciousness of earth and the consciousness of heaven---"
---------Marianne Williamson, Everyday Grace

Lots of good-byes yesterday. Lots of tears yesterday. Lots of everything yesterday.
Today is Quiet Day. Clearing and Schlepping Day. Today is another Grace is Now Day.

I don't need to wait 'till Midsummer's Eve to burn things. Did it last night.
Almost like my "Get out of Jail Free" card.

My teeth ache today. My toenails. My hair follicles. My eyelashes.
Nothing a long walk, some proper music, Breathing, and a romp with my pup can't fix.

One little aside--when I turned on the computer at work yesterday, a presentation starting playing called "The Book of Years"--it was all about the students and "the" teacher over the last 8 years. I started to cry. Then a parent stepped in--I bet he had been watching to see my response---he said "Did you find something on your computer this morning?" I laughed through my tears and said yes. I asked if that was his doing--He said it was a whole group of families, too many to name, and that it was their gift to me for my Gift to them.".......this story doesn't end here. More for another day.

I talk a good game about not panicking. Today will be a good day to practice it. Act as if and it is. All is well. All shall be well...Well? Get on with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home