Mississippi Moments

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Trust and truth...words for this day.

...but it does mean, if only for an instant,
you love wihout attack,
An instant is sufficient.
Miracles wait not on time.---A course in Miracles, p. 535


And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of life,
your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy.---Kahlil Gibran

So, it goes without saying that I was kinda mad on Friday night, eh? ( I just love those mooses in Brother Bear!:)
I have contacted the other adoption agency and I have contacted my social worker. It seems, if I have read all the materials thoroughly on the other website, that aside from completing their initial application process, that this isn't a blip, just a switch and the process continues from where we left off...okay, eh. Let's go.
So, this morning,when I woke up mad and disoriented again, I started the day with my usual prayer, "Thank you, God, for this amazing day..." (which I believe). Then I tried to find my glasses---it's been a little hard lately because I am sleepwalking again and I "wear" my glasses when I do this alot of the times--don't ask me why. I don't have my eyes open. I don't see anything really. I don't even remember that I have left my bed usually until I find things that I have carried into other rooms like my books, candles, teddy bears, dog statues, etc. Here's really the lovely (could be pathetic but I am taking the positive side of this as just practicing like training for the 08 Olympics--I went into the other room to "CHECK ON MY CHILD". In my sleep. In my dreams. It's real there. Now that's cool. And you know what some of the great thinkers have written: DREAM==>
THOUGHT===>ACTION===>BEING. I plan to continue to study Vietnamese. It's a beautiful language anyway.
And talk about self-discipline. The first thing I did yesterday morning was pull out the number of a Sheltie breeder who I know has puppies now. Then, one hand clamped on the other hand (like Robin Williams fighting with himself) and we had a little fight and then the stronger hand made the other hand put it back into the drawer. Thank goodness, Mary J. stopped by yesterday and we had a lovely afternoon of "chat, sat, and chowder". I also devoured an interesting book called The Other Boleyn Girl, about Mary Boleyn Carey Stafford. Just what I needed for the mood I was in. I will do report cards stuff today, chop wood, go to church, go to school (lesson plans) and do laundry (right here in my own home!!!WAHOO!) A walk seems like a good thing....to start another week. Oh, and the daffodils have poked their first green tendrils through mother eart's winterblanket and so have the hyacinths!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home