Mississippi Moments

Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Clearing out all your misery gets you out of the way. You cease being an obstacle, not only to yourself but to anyone else. Only then are you free to serve and enjoy other people."---Eat, Pray, Love p. 261

Went to the surgeon today. She was gentle, thorough, respectful, and kind. Surgery is scheduled for March 31st. Only three days to recover and I can do that at home. She doesn't know what it is and they will send it to the lab to find out. Par for the course. It also seems to be resting ON TOP of muscle and other layers which makes the procedure just a nip-, cut, out and done...or something like that. Then it will feel like she punched me in the chest for a few days and that's that. And she had cute very trendy shoes. And she was the BEST. I am eternally grateful for Mark and Dixie for their help. It takes good people to know good people. And it helps that I am good people, too. And in good health.

Things were funny in firstgradeland today. They, the anklebiters (wait! or are these the licelearners--i forget what the deliniations were)...anywho-they got busted for pulling out all the stops for the sub that was in there yesterday. I happened by a few times in between work sessions and I heard the rest of the juicy news from other teachers...so the b****was back in town today and they knew the jig was up and the jug was empty! We had several teachable opportunities to work the eyebrow and the face mask today even though I was cracking up inside and my soul was harfing with the lessons that were being learned. Then I mentioned that oh, yes, they were having a sub that afternoon and that the Dragon Lady would be back tomorrow. Silence...then M- Legolas is a wimp boy broke the still with--"Hey! Wait! That's...YOU!" And he looked back at me and he goes-"Yeah, ain't that the truth. (I gave him the eye and a wink) and he winked back and said to himself-"But we like it that way!"......I do too. Time for me and my lump to go to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard all the details from the "sub". She thought it was pretty funny that ankle biters were that cleaver. She taught them about R-E-S-P-E-C-T so their real teacher could sing it for them.
    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home