Mississippi Moments

Monday, March 03, 2008

I found a picture today. One of my students drew it during SSD (Silent Sustained Drawing) which happens on Friday afternoons or whenever we need/want it to happen. Her picture had a large heart on it. In one half of the heart was a drawing of Herself facing another drawing, of a smiling Jesus. And underneath it: I *heart* MS. R.

Kind of made my day.
This particular student never says boo to anyone about anything. Until she is in the car with her mom and then we hear it as she is pulling out of car line.

One other thing made my day:
There is a boy in the class who usually can't wait to get out of school. He is one of the eager learners of how to tell time so he can quit asking how many more minutes 'till (you fill in the blank). We were Irish dancing. They are learning the "OLF Circle Jig". It's a jig. In a circle. With students from OLF. We came to the "split steps" part. One is a hopscotch step. One is a "ski jump" step. One is a melange of both. We are dancing away. Get done with that part. And he has this look on his face. I don't have much to lose these days, so I looked at him and said,"Whatcha thinking?" He looked at me-same look-and he said matter-of-factly-------"I love school."

Now what am I supposed to do with that?

Share it with y'all.....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heart Ms. R too! maude

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    U Rock U Waifwhisperer U.
    Add me to the long list of folks who heart miErn. XO UF

     

Post a Comment

<< Home