Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

There is a line in one of my favorite movies, "Under the Tuscan Sun". The divorce lawyer says to the main character, Frances, that one day, she WILL be happy again. One day. I realized something today. I am happy. I was before I went to Cancer Check-up Day. I still am. I will be tomorrow, too. And the day after. And every day after that. My turn. My time. My inexorable thanks for it. All. And...
My joy (which is different than happy) is in the strength of the Lord. And I am happy. I am presently ecstatic...and being happy has its rewards. I was reading the book of "Under the Tuscan Sun" today (the story of which is nothing like the movie). It, too, is turning into something that is a personal favorite. And that makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home