Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Like billowing clouds,
like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
the longing of the soul can never be stilled.
It is this longing with which holy persons seek their work from God."--Hildegard von Bingen

I wonder, Hildegarde, if it isn't all people who have this longing and seek their work from God? I wonder, too, if it isn't people who want to be "wholy" who seek their work from God? Or who know somehow, instinctively, intuitively, that they are "wholy" and HOLY in work from God?

Made an apple saute and a vegetable soup today from scratch and from a recipe that I have had on my wall for over a year. We shall see what it is like for dinner.

I am tackling the home altar and the kitchen table. I want clear surfaces. No piles. No "tuck-ins" to be dealt with later. Clear. Clean. Sacred Space. Holy Space.
Off to put on my Hildegard cd while I work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home