Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Musings...."padre nuestro" isn't so very different sounding from "madre nuestro"...amazing what one's brain comes up with waiting for coffee to percolate. That's another "25 cent word"--percolate--it can mean so much. It is obvious that I need more (or less) coffee in the morning. I am missing my Star Sisters, Jean and Laura, very much...and their dog. I hope to spend time with them this week.

This day brought another beautiful gift--a learning session with the darling Rowan at Fair Isle Cottage School. We shared a story, did some drawing and writing, sorted hazelnuts, river rocks, seashells, and beans, and practiced math stories and the"Rainbow" Song (skip counting, Miz Ern style) with wee pinecones since I haven't unpacked the beanbags yet. Of course, there was snack time and some sharing of Jonestown Learning Center photos and stories.
I have been fighting the urge to contact Sheltie rescue all day or to fly off to Provence the week after harp camp...
The admissions officer from Walden University called today to ask how my statement of purpose is coming...I told him it was. I wonder how much internet access I will get at the Aberdeen Library. I have some ideas "percolating" about experiential learning, Jonestown kids, Waldorf, seashells, beanbags, pinecones, and hazelnuts...and silly songs that really need to be in a book of some sort. Or is this "THE reason" that I feel so called to be at OLF---is there something there and if so, what is it that will change my world, their world, the world of Catholic education in the Pacific Northwest, and contribute to peace and justice and equanimity?
I am going to be asking my Dear to Me ones to hold space and focus intention every evening at 9pm around me and the child/ren that is/are coming into circle together...picture it clearly with Love and Grace. You have my thanks.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Please can I attend Fair Isle Cottage School? It sounds like SO MUCH fun! I am so envious that you get to soak up my Rowan and that she gets to soak up my Emer.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    We would love to have you join us But I am going to put the kabosh on too many Princess Rowan and Princess Colleen stories and the dresses in their closets!...Love to you! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home