Mississippi Moments

Monday, January 29, 2007

59. Found THE DRESS! (well, actually, Mom did!) and the HNA 1980 Graduation dress which she made and Julie's
60. tried on dress--it fits! (well, sort of..I have boobs and shoulders now.) Mom fixed that with pins and some material...teh dress not my boobs. They are fine as is.
61. Score! My curling iron from the 80's was in the bottom drawer in the bathroom. It works. I did my hair in the bathroom. Looks like all that! It still sort of feathers. and It really curls under.
62. Found eye makeup and lipstick from that era. It works. Kind of gross but we will see. mom says all the germs are dead now, too.
63. Score! Found Seattle U Lady Chieftains soccer jacket and strip #6! (well. actually, Mom did. ) still fits. sort of. Gonna wear that for the second part of the day with black soccer shorts and socks. Will keep the eye makeup on.
64. Score! I KNEW the 80's would come back around if I waited long enough. I loved what we wore then. I am even thinking about cutting my hair short on one side just to have some fun!
65. Made a CD of 80's tunes for tomorrow--will have fun teaching the 3rd and 4th graders some REAL DANCING. Disco in their dear little futures...minus the Portuguese fishermen or cute Iranian engineering students.
66. Had fun today at school in our pajamas.
67. found another shellshocked 3/4 teacher wandering the halls and we did the "Find 5" ritual--finding 5 blessings from the day that stood out--and we did it!
68. went to a meeting with the director from another adoption agency. I have lots to think about this week.
69. future miracle-seeing Julie wear her S.U. and/or HNA soccer jerseys.
70. mom--thanks for everything!
I have to go now. I have to get my beauty rest so I can get ready for the PROM!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    step away from the scissors...NOTHING is bad enough to cut only one half of your hairs!! Have fun in 1981!! I may wear pajamas with feets to work tomorrow and pretend it is 1981 too!!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wake me up before you GO GO!!! You better be taking pictures of you in all your 80's glory today!!!

    brig

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! I am ROTFLMAO. Make sure you get the bright blue eyeliner, shadow and mascara on perfect. You never know when a Portugese fisherman will show up at school. Have fun tomorrow. Maude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home