Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happiness is walking with my puppy.
Happiness is walking with my puppy, meeting lots of other dogs and not being nervous or afraid...having lots of treats in one's pockets helps. We are meeting new to us neighbors who live in the new townhomes all over the place. I am beginning to recognize silhouettes of other predawn dogs and their human walkers in the morning.
Happiness is the sound of the wind in a eucalyptus tree.
Happiness is seeing the layers of grey in the western sky and the clouds moving in front of those layers.
Happiness is being around 4th graders who thought my examples of "juicy descriptive writing" (Harry Potter, Charlotte's Web, Emily Dickinson) were lame and challenged me to find some in "Eragon". I said I accepted the thrown gauntlet and said my examples of choice would come from "Eldest"...and while they were at P.E. that's just what I did! Thank you Christopher Paolini, Joey and Kieren, and my visual memory...and here's the best part! As we were going out the door, one of my bright stars, who has yet to be truly impressed this year by anything I have offered, says to me under his breath as he is going out the door--"Really, Ms. R, your gauntlet examples weren't so juicy. I'm writing my own book, and what I have written at home would put Eldest to shame!" I looked at him, laughed in a roar from my belly, and said-"YOU'RE ON!! When's publication? I AM YOUR FIRST CUSTOMER!:)...and tomorrow, I have him looking up the word "odious" and "synchronicity". Ms. R, thy name ain't subtlety!:)
Happiness is dancing with a sweetheart who just beams as we hold hands and she does her very own version of what we are showing her and it is "awwrhiite' ( as they say in Jonestown)
Happiness is working in front of a cozy, popping fire with a cup of hot cocoa and my puppy gnawing on his chewie at my feet.
Happiness is having another batch of adoption paperwork to put together and send in to the government tomorrow.
Happiness is knowing that I have had NO knee repercussions from doing the Dash.
Happiness is right here. right now.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger About Me said…

    Odious is a MOST EXCELLENT word.

    Woefully underused, IMO.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happiness is a sister who took such good care of my puppy. Such good care that said puppy doesn't come out of her kennel when the door is open without a MOST EXCELLENT invitation. xoxoxo, maude

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happiness is being one of 6 excellent sistas (all home in Seattle starting this weekend!)
    J

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger MihErn said…

    Happiness is...well, all My Dear Ones, you KNOW. Thanks for such happiness!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home