Mississippi Moments

Friday, March 23, 2007

I caught the flu...or the flu caught me.
It's been a quiet day. Managed to go down to the teacher-day in the southend. I always love to see Dad there. Nio energy to really care about meeting up with colleagues and friends old and new. Probably should have stayed home.
Enjoyed a couple of really good classes on data collection and identifying at-risk readers. Didn't manage to have the energy to go to lunch with my colleagues.
Came home. No energy. Cold-very cold. Aches, dizzy, no appetite.I enjoyed a walk with Cedar in the cold, refreshing rain-sprinkled wind. There are some weird characters walking around this neighborhood mid-day. I didn't cross over to the other side of the street but three of them did not make eye contact. I'm pretty sure they were from the highschool. Spent the rest of the day asleep, trying to get warm.
Managed to do just that this afternoon with a scaldingly hot bath, a good book (Bel Canto for Bookgroup) and long underwear, fleece shirt, a sweater, my fleece bathrobe and cranking up this woodstove and making a nest for the pup and me. Been enjoying doing homework for my Spalding class with intermittent trips outside for play and needs and of course, petting time. Even though I feel awful, I keep holding the thought that at this very moment, I am in the middle of one of my Dreams Come True-with the meaningful work, the cozy fire, homemade (with new to me, organic vegetables) soup ready when I feel okay to eat, a happy, healthy, well-behaved puppy here, emails and calls from friends and family, and lots to look forward to.,....Dreams Come True. Sounds like a great name for a sailboat...or this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home