Mississippi Moments

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I had my first lessons in the beneficence of nature. I learned how the sun
and the rain make to grow out of the ground
every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food,
how birds build their nests and live and thrive
from land to land,
how the squirrel,the deer, the lion and every other creature
finds food and shelter.
As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in.
Long before I learned to do a sum in arithmetic or describe the shape of the earth,
Miss Sullivan had taught me to find beauty in the fragrant woods,
in every blade of grass, and in the curves and dimples of baby sister's hands.
She linked my earliest thoughts with nature, and made me feel that birds and flowers and I
were happy peers."--------Helen Keller

Glad to be reading her story right now. It's Lughnasaidh, Dear Ones. First Harvest. What's ready to be brought in and tasted in your Life, your Garden, your Heart, and your Dreams?
Seems like Squishy and I are happily weeding and clearing around what is already happily growing and abundant around
here. In the house, in the garden, in the garage, in the mind, in the basement, in the drawers, in the baskets, buckets, tubs, and corners...I want a wand that works when I say "DISAPPEARO"! Not-at-all-a-bad-harvest----amazing what can happen when you finally realize that, yes indeed, you did plan, prepare, plant, nurture, and God did the rest and it's right in front of your eyes. Go get it if you still want it. Oh, whoops-you already did! WAHOO! And yes, I does. And yes, I did. And the taste is sweet. and perfect. and right. and makes me grin with delight and gratitude and somewhat of an inner squeal. It is so freeing to HAVE IT ALL and to not want anything else, any differently, anywhere else. And here's t'other thing-there's alot of POWER in the being grateful for what has come to pass. I wonder if this is what all the therapy was insinuating--that when you "get it" --you in fact, get "IT". There is no energy being wasted on the past or future or other. I wonder if this will stick. I wonder if I get to choose. Actually, I know the answer to that one. I do. I will, probably, most of the time and there will be times I don't. I am a 4 and an Erin after all. I do know I need to cultivate more play in my life--picnics, walks in the woods, swimming, fort building, tree climbing, that sort of thing. Squishy is learning to climb trees. Airedales do after all when hunting satan-spawn (squirrels). I have seen what happens to poor cedar trees who harbor said evil. Sort of like the backyard version of Cromwell going after catholic priests being hidden by Jacobite gentry....sorry....That was in bad taste. but I thought it was funny and it is Lunasaidh and I'm celebrating, so it stays.
And I'm pondering on my parents and they're choosing to be together for 50 years this lifetime round. And how amazing and grounded that is. And the celebration of this. And how I hardly know them and can't envision my life without them. And how their lives together have impacted so many and brought so much good to this reality this time. And how I am excited to be able to help them celebrate and honor their pact and their path.
Bright Lughnasaidh Harvest!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home