Mississippi Moments

Wednesday, May 28, 2008



You think you are out in the "jardin" doing your weeding thing, when you are actually "Getting Your Pippi On". For those of you who are still deprived of the experience of Villa Villakula (sp?) and Pippi Longstocking, I'll fill you in. Pippi was a Thingfinder. These special individuals have the tenacious gift of finding THINGS! It happens all the time around Fair Isle. I have quite a collection. Tonight I added two old pieces of green and blue glass, a bent roofing nail, a piece of broken white porcelain, and the cream on top, a cat's eye marble-yellow and green on the inside! I added that one to the collection that the Professor next door has in a little indentation on his front porch---he is living in his grandmother's house and apparently his uncle was quite a marble-shark in his youth and these are from that era. There is a growing collection next door. I have several others that I have found on other weeding forays. They are celebrating the birth of their first grandbaby next door, a little girl. I am happy for them. I also managed to locate part of my front garden where I am planning to add French lavender and Scottish heather after the soil is amended and cleared. One thing at a time. So the next time you are bored or restless, consider a bout of Thingfinding. You don't actually have to weed. That's just a perk.

Ephesians 5:8-14
"For you were once in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.
Live as children of the Light, for light produces every kind of goodness and righteousness and truth. Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.
Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness; rather expose them,
for it is shameful even to mention the things done by them in secret;
but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore, "Awake, O Sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

This was read today at Nan's funeral at St. James Cathedral. The church was overflowing with those whom she loved and whom she touched and who loved her. She chose this. It speaks to my Heart. The whole celebration of her life did. I saw Rowan, Sara, and Haydn come in. They did not see me. I was just around the corner. I cried the whole time. I don't know why. Life seems to be just Bigger, Deeper, Raw-er these days. So does New Life. I feel wide open and wish I weren't.
That's why yardwork is so good right now.
Time for a bath. And bed. Squishy had fun today with Dave and Alice. He is having a sleepover--over there. It's quiet around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home