Mississippi Moments

Saturday, September 13, 2008

A CRAPTASTIC DAY...and an interesting couple of weeks
In a nutshell...
* I put down Amore Horatio Flatnose Ace Laverne Orange Cat today. LIttle Feather was there, too. FLetcher drove us to the vet. He had clawed his way out of the screen on a bedroom window last Sunday and I didn't see hide nor hair until Thurs. Then he was waiting in a usual spot down the block. I brought him home again. He was a mess. He wouldn't eat. He wanted to be loved on outside on Mother Earth. He was purring up a storm but not walking well, smelling like death (same acrid smell that Sadie had when her liver quit working)...he left again and then showed up this morning. IT was time. And it was the right thing to do. And it was hard. And I am thankful that I am a woman of my word--that I did what I said I would do regarding his care. He was loved and knew it until his last breath.

Fletcher is still in the hospital in Puyallup. That is where I have spent the rest of my day. With him. In er. He collapsed at the Puyallup Fair 15 minutes after we arrived. The doctors still don't know what is wrong--causality wise. Nutsandbolts--he is anemic, dehydrated, passed out twice, and the firefighters couldn't find a pulse atone point and then when they did, it was 38. Then 64. Then back down again.
I am not complaining. But I am not rested. I did not have a good day. I missed some really important family time and some serious quiet walking time with my dog and my Heart. Oh well....
School and the world there is going well. I am finding my rhythm.
Dancing is on its way.
Working out is coming along.
Creating time for nurturing friendships is more challenging. And I have a HUGE village. And I am making contact with one or two at a time and planning quality time. I am thankful for all of this circle.
And it was heartbreaking to have come home from the hospital the first time (almost 2 hours on the road each way) and walk Cedar only to go by a yard and have a kid start screaming bloody murder and then I look over at the kid and she is massively COVERED IN BLOOD and then to hear her parents scream O MY GOD over and over and then see them wrap her in a towel and hurtle her to their car and head off. I walked Cedar home and just started to shake. On top of that I was pissed that there was a loose pit bull on the same street as the bloody, screaming kid.
It has been a terrible, horrible, no good,very bad day with a lot of little blessings.I saw a huge crane moving a honeybucket off the top of a growing skyscraper in downtown Seattle and I thought to myself--"There really IS a lot of crap in the air today!"
I took a moonbath and I am going to camp in the living room tonight-again.
I just left Fletcher at the hospital. He is hooked up to a heart monitor. He is being hydrated. He is on some meds. The calvary is going in tomorrow to bring him home and ask the right questions. It was a scary day. And we are safe. home. fed. healthy. loved. and love.
And Amore-HOratio is all of those things, too.


Post a Comment

<< Home