Mississippi Moments

Thursday, August 07, 2008


Scooping Up the Field Rats and Bopping them on the Head....
Le Rat was 2 feet long! From tip to tip.
And the trap didn't get him...only wounded him. It was not pretty.
It took my neighbor, Tom, to put him out of his misery. Thank heavens for neighbors who grew up on farms and whose job it was to get rid of the pest rats.
I am sorry to have had to do that. He was warned. It still stinks in the basement. There may be others. The other traps are still up. and loaded. Squishy and I are using the front door to come and go to the backyard.
Celtic Dance/Art Camp comes to its final day tomorrow. It has been challenging and fun. 12 dancers, ages 6-11. 3 levels. It has been good work. I am ready to think about other things. I am tired.
We found a dress. Wine-colored. Flowy. Form-fitting. It has taken more energy and courage on my part to do this. I appreciate all the offers of help and support. Shopping shouldn't be such an ordeal. Maybe I will bring this up in therapy...maybe I won't. Maybe there will be more weddings and I can shop more...or just enjoy this dress a whole lot. I was so distracted tonight that I was having trouble putting my head in the right hole. Zippers-forget it! I only cried once. Thank you for your humor and eyes and time and energy, Mary. I will not get a pair of old-lady, school shoes to go with it. Promise.
The Fletcher Radar--it's on. And flashing.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have photographic proof that you used to rock some wicked shoes back in the day. They usually matched your belt.

    You are welcome to my black ones if you like. They are only 3.5 inches and already wide enough for dancer feet.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    Oh! I will take you up on it! Maude didn't believe me that I used to be a fashion maven...WITH THE CUTE 4 in. heels. Her jaw dropped when I 'splained my designer wardrobe, esp. when I had the "resources" to shop and a husband who was deployed hapf a year at a whack and I lived across the street from an upperscale mall in San Diego.....closets full. I kind of miss some of that. Would like a few lovely things like that. Just not the baggage that went with them. And I want to go to France and Italy to pick them out. How's that! So, can you bring the shoes to Sat. night--oh wait, you live there. I'll do the Cinderfella thing there. You should have seen me in Maude's closet--can't get these strong, wide, bunioned, dancer, HAPPY feet in her shoes.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    Oh, AND I AM IN MY DAY NOW! A BETTER STRONGER BEAUTIFUL HEALTHIER SEXIER NO BAGGAGE DAY!!!!! BRING ON THE SHOES AND THE LIFE!!!!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger little sea said…

    holler!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home