Mississippi Moments

Monday, September 29, 2008

No lumps of concern here. Just this body fighting off some infections and the nodes doing what they are designed to do.
This is good news. The surgeon told me to have a good year. I enjoyed hearing that.

I am having a good year. And a good day. And a good week. And a good life.

Went to the funeral of my neighbor, Betty, who died of lung cancer. She attended a Lutheran Church here in Ballard. I liked seeing a woman pastor up there. And five other pastors in the front row. Betty used to adopt pastors like some people adopt cats. It was a life-giving celebration of her life with her family and friends.
Catching up on sleep and energy has been another major goal.
Getting ready for my expert sub was also a focusing kind of task. I hope her day went well today. I don't have the energy to talk right now but I will shortly.

Brigie and I worked on the garage all day. I did some yardwork, too. I'm beat but the primer is up on two sides. She will finish this week and I will work with her as I can.

Looking forward to getting back into the classroom tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. I plan to enjoy it. And walks with my silly dog.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay - good lumps. I'm still here, just not commenting on much. xoxox, maude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home