Mississippi Moments

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Make that 6 pairs of clean undies, 2 bras and two more pairs of black socks!
A
nd it dawned on me while I had myself up to my elbows in warm, soapy water that what we call "parenting" is when folks get ideas and practices from others and then make their own decisions about whether or no to apply them to their children and their situations. So what in Heaven's name am I getting my knickers in a knot about? Don't really know. Sort of like when you get on that spinny thing up at Little Howe park and spin around a few times until you have to get off or you ralph. And when you get off, you still spin and feel like ralphing...but you can think awhole lot more clearly in a minute or two after you weave around like a Pioneer Square drunk for a bit. I'm heading for the kiddie pool with a stick, my pink wellies, and a handful of leaves to damn up the drain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home