Mississippi Moments

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy."--Kahlil Gibran

Some things on my "plate':
Made tea on the stove (during Coli's radio interview) and made tots in the stove for dinner later in the week. It's all working.

The adoption is back on the plate. Conversations are happening with the original adoption agency folks. We shall see. So are conversations with other professionals concerning getting this family started. I finally had someone on the other end acknowledge that this process has been more than a rollercoaster. She used the word "nightmare". I let it be. I'm not calling it anything now because that gives it power away.

Mary J. reminded me of a forgotten technical term for what is happening at school right now--"January blahs"--ahh. yes. makes sense. we're still at what we are at. And having some fun. The L-word is back. Right in the classroom in which I teach. as of last Friday. Shared via the community center. And nothing is happening around it. no checks. nothing. I put the word out informally through the kids. Yeeeuch.

Enough folks have their holiday lights still up that it is making the morning walks more of a pleasure. Cesar Whisperer-Man is right. It's not just the dogs who get into the "zone" after 30-40+ minutes, it's the humans. Monkey-mind, morning crabbies, malaise, energy-suckage----get walking, keep walking, let it go, look at things or not, just keep moving. With cute silly companion and coffee. Then it clicks.

My cancer care team wants an MRI this next time. Ok then. Little nervous about that.
Can I have some tunes in there? I read about a lady who was forgotten in the tube once over night. maybe it was over a weekend. i have another appointment later in the day so that probably wouldn't happen to me. i just don't like elevators much and definitely not tunnels or caves or mines. but i have been in all.

i am not going ot use any ore capitals until later today. we are going to sea/air school today to learn about international gateway stuff.

i learned the french words for belly button and turtleneck this week. i also learned the correct phrasing for "my laces are too tight". next i will learn : "My shoes are too loosey". important for a girl to know.

looking forward to
chutneys
the concert this weekend.
ivars.
walking some land.
splitting some more wood
getting report cards nearly completed.
walking my dog.
some phone conversations about life and friendship and everything
continuing to read about 3 Cups of Tea.

i'm learning a whole lot about drama right now and how it does not serve me. and it is a hard one to break. awareness is the key. paying attention to my body helps. it gives me these signals--directly, consistently, firmly. and when i listen, i can make gentle responses instead of the reacting and over-reacting shit. it's happening a lot. energetically too. i'm thankful for the opportunities to re-language this. the habit doesn't serve me, my peace, all peace.

Peace be with us this day.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger About Me said…

    MRIs are fine. They were wired for music on the headphones for all 47 of mine, so maybe bring along a CD in case they don't have what you like.

    Also, I found that when they put the hockey mask on, it helps to break the tension if you ask for an axe so you're ready to go after the scans are done. ;)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger little sea said…

    i am not sure i have anything specific to offer, but i come bearing witness. and love. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home