Mississippi Moments

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Wih livertee and just-h fer ahhl"...and this is how we begin our morning each day at the Learning Center after daily prayer and "Good Mornin'!" to everyone. I'm a bit groggy today...took a nap at lunchtime after swimming with the 4th and 5th graders. ALl of the children got into the "big pool" today for the first time. I think because I was in it and giving "lessons"...mostly I was just getting most of them to float and to kick!

Another thing I noticed on the drive back from Tunica-it is very disconcerting to see chain gangs of convicts waiting and working around the towns. Not all our chained,
but it still speaks to bye-gone times...off to soccer now! We played again yesterday with no injuries or major meltdowns. I'll describe the "dog situation" in town another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home