Mississippi Moments

Friday, October 20, 2006

Sleepy, very sleepy-still. Haven't made it in to work out yet because I hurt my ankle somehow, aggravated the muscle on the inside of my right foot. I don't want to stop working out, but I need to rest it and see what happens. The extra dozing gave me a dream where I was living back at 1806 with a new to me dog, a black lab mix of some sort. Didn't know her name but she was brought into the home by me. When I went to take her outside, the back deck steps rotted away and fell down, and when I went to go take her for a walk, the leash contraption had a soft muzzle on it-which she accepted and which I hated. We never even did get out the door to walk-poor dog. There were also 3 kittens and a cat in the house. No parents though, but it was clear that I was caretaking and they were on another floor...weird, this dream. But the eyes of that girl-dog were sad and patient. She never barked, just waited. Sounds like how I feel sometimes waiting for this adoption process to gear up...I wonder if I am the dog in this dream...never getting outside, never going for the actual walk, muzzled and accepting, putting up with smelly cats...I'll try working out after school.
Two thoughts for this day: Hard work.Done well. Feels good.

and part of a poem called "So Much Happiness" by Naomi Shihab Nye
...Everything has a life of its own,
it too could wake up filled with possibilities
of coffee cake and ripe peaches,
and love even the floor that which needs to be swept,
the soiled linens and scratched CDs...

It's Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home