Mississippi Moments

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Mountain was out in all her glory yesterday on my way to the Accreditation work at the school in Auburn. I couldn't tell you if she had been out at other times during the week, but the sunrises were gifts from our Loving Source...the colors were unreal and the snow on the mountain. Birds streaking across the template of brushed pinks, golds, purples, and burnished tangerine...I've had my head and being in the accreditation process tunnel and couldn't tell you what the weather was like any other time this week. I am very tired inside and out. It was a learning experience in every way. It was affirming and eye-opening. Thank heavens for an amazing team leader and a collaborative, supportive team. It was ideal and intense. I learned (again) that I do not choose to activate my principal's credential. I learned that accreditation is a load of hard work but that it is a viable accountability tool. I learned that I need to alter and ameliorate several of my teaching strategies and modalities and that it isn't a big, fat, hairy deal...it just takes time and practice until it isn't hard to do anymore. I love first and second grade more than anything, and hope I get to teach at that level again. I won't fear accreditation ever again. Rubrics are our friends.
Avis and her family were a respite of love and normalcy. A cup of tea was waiting every night, a warm bath, and a harp if I wanted to play...which I did a bit. Also, the balm of all--a 12 year old sable corgie named Puck. He sounded like Sadie, smelled like Fiona, curled up and sighed like both dogs, and the tap-tap-tap of those paws on woodfloor were balm to my heart. I got to go to work everyday with the right kind of dog hair on my suit. I also got to watch (until I fell asleep on the couch) videos of Vietnam and the people, places, and music from Grandpa Bernard's latest travels. I want to see more...I have alot to learn.
I am a little unnverved at the moment...I just got back from my latest wellness exam to finalize that piece for the adoption. They found a lump in my left breast...I hope it's nothing.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you!

    I wishwishwish you were coming tomorrow night. I'd say you *need* to be there, but you need to be wherever you end up. :)

    PS: Lumps dissolve like sugar cubes in water. Just sayin'.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like that - lumps dissolve like sugar cubes in water. I'm saying a prayer for you and your boob. We have good history for it not being anything. xoxo, maude

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ugh. lump lump lump. may it lump off where it belongs and leave your boobs alone. love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home