Mississippi Moments

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seattle Yuletide has a couple of warm images-
Holding Rowan in my arms as she looked through the tiny, jewel-like ovals in the stained glass window doors to see into the sanctuary so we could watch Thomas Arthur juggle.
Another one is the garden gnome running around in this wee green hat and an Hawaiian Santa shirt.
Another roaring crowd.
The front row of people crying as Mark sang his song, "Christmas in the Trenches". I'll bet there were more. We couldn't see them because there were no lights back there.
The light, airy voices of the Pacifica choir.
The hush as Coli sang the Lullabye of the Christ Child.
The power and punch and JOY of the dancers--at one point Brigie tried to "joy-dance" again, and it made all of us Laugh..and then to have Bert and Ernie up on the tier looking down at us and chortling made it even worse..no I mean, BETTER!
And then to yell at the Waldorf kids to stop running (that's tradition).
And to find my way off of Capitol Hill on the side streets to avoid sitting in traffic yet again this week to go have dinner with Bookgroup, these dear Book-Sisters who continue to sweeten my days, stretch my mind, and fill my Life with Friendship and Community!
It doesn't get any better than this!
Now off to Mount Vermin--ooh---ahh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home