Mississippi Moments

Monday, December 11, 2006

Dreams versus nightmares...
Yesterday at Mass, Priest-in-Essence Patty spoke to us about the reality of the nightmares around us-in our world, in our cities, in our homes, in our families, and in our own hearts. She also spoke to us about God's Dream for our world, our cities, our homes, our families, and for our hearts. God's Dream is the Truth, what's Real, what Is--inspite of what the insidious news reports tell us. I buy into God's Dream wholeheartedly and I go one step further in that I want to, choose to, continue to be one of the bridgebuilders...in my own Erin way. God gave us a Gift, HIs Son...He's got the tools, the job assignments, the hugs, the solace, the Love...and He's got His own scars to prove how hard the work can be. But we're living it, folks. I have everything I need. Obviously, I don't have everything I want---and alot of times, I don't want to show up for the work. It'll be there when and as I am ready. (NB. I am sure ready this morning! Get me back into that classroom.)
Saturday's physical was a shocker. I spent most of the day in tears at ...what I can and can't peg. My dreams lately have been about boat building--in the front yard, with no intention of going to sea or water, but building this craft so we have a place to play, have tea, bookgroup, sleep ins and sleep overs, lots of kids and families running around. The first night of this dream involved other families that I consider part of my Heart Family and their kids. The second night, last night, my own two were running around with everyone else. We shall see. So today, the gift is Equilibrium and Patience (idea borrowed directly from Sarah Ban Abundance). I am starting my twelve days of Christmas early. There might not be much decorating going on on the outside, but the Inside is all lit up and in full celebration mode. Yesterday's Yueltide in Kent ROCKED! More fun, more Julia-tableaux(what a sweetheart) and the other Tara dancers...good camaraderie adn Brigie still out there doing her own creative expression. Man, that girl has sparkle and strength of Heart! It's all about the Dreams and not the nightmares...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just out there celebrating my awesome big sisters that have guided me to this point and still let me play even when I keep goofing up. :)

    --B

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You do have some awesome big sisters B. But you should pay more attention to your big brother. Uncle Mike

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the idea of a boat built for imaginary journeys...that there is a sacred and magical space just for dreaming and reading and playing. It is such an encouraging idea - a real place meant for real dreams, at every age.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home