Mississippi Moments

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

59. Wore the dress. Had a great time! Yes, pictures were taken...I felt like a princess and Creighton Bildstein (lame, stupid but cute prom date who refused to dance and who later told me that he went because it was a free dinner) can go have his own party because I HAD a BLAST yesterday!!!
60. taught the Electric slide and other early 80s disco moves...4th and 3rd graders love to "retro"dance!
61. cooking is going well -in pairs-over three days so far
62. no, baking soda and baking powder and salt are NOT interchangeable and I guess you will find out when we bake it up on Thursday and yours tastes a little off
63. there is something to be said for following directions
64. there is a "petition" going at my school to have me move up to 5/6 next year--Uh, no.
65. I have a "date" for Vietnam-Spring, 2009--if I choose this program.
66. Kazakhstan-9 months to 1 year--nightmare of an adoption process
67. US- boy, not girl-immediately to around 1 year.
67a. Ethiopia--a possibility
67b. Guatemala-a possibility
67c. I am completing one task per day to make this more real--it is working-did a big one today
68. I'm thinking about it all
69. enrique iglesias--i heard him in Paris for the first time--been trying to find it ever since-found the music tonight.
70. jammin' in my jammies
71. it's lighter out at 5pm now
72. I have begun to banish students from my kingdom and sending them to odd places like the Outer Banks (under my desk), Pluto (the computer lab), Madagascar (under the table in the back of the classroom)--maybe you have to be there but they are laughing their heads off and we are getting some work done.
73. Tomorrow is yellow, orange or purple day--I'm working on it. not hard.
74. Anne of Green Gables

"I am well in body although considerably rumpled up in spirit, thank you, ma'am," said Anne gravely. p.95
"I love MY LIFE!" EMR-p. 44

4 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    72. You and I apparently have a very similar teaching style. Although names in my kingdom included more profanity...ask the Rebeccas.

    "Please let me stay at Green Gables; and please let me be good-looking when I grow up." p.51

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger MihErn said…

    I love you.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dang....that was going to be my response. .....but i'll make it plural now. i love yous. :)

    b

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, stupid and lame and a free dinner. I think you asked me to your prom because I was on your brother's soccer team and you had no date. But, gee, thanks for the compliments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home