Mississippi Moments

Friday, March 23, 2007

You know, it's easy to get discouraged about things, but I'm sitting here reflecting as I finished my homework, and it hasn't been a bad week. I learned what a leek was and how to cook it. I may not be learning anything about Viet Nam or how to communicate with the people there, but Cedar is happy and well-cared for. I am happy and well-cared for. There was simple abundance to share this week. My neighbors are good friends. One of the premier dog-trainers in this part of the world (other than Auntie Lydia) said that I had a sweet well-behaved boy dog with a perfect name. We walked among madronas, cedars, hemlocks, firs, and pines in the rain on Thursday and it was almost like being down at the coast or at the Field. I am liking my decision to go back down to first or second grade next year (but will be content where-ever I end up because I can be and mean it and live it). There was a tough, but meaningful prayer circle time with Thread Girl. It was about limitations...and boy, I didn't like that one, and I had a few lessons from the Universe to acknowledge this week. Flickers, two of them, in the pear tree made themselves known to me and also out where Cedar and I were walking among the trees where the puppy classes are. Flickers...I'll have to look that one up. I love flickers. It has also been fun teaching this dog not to alarm at the images on this computer or the one time in the past month when I have put on a movie. It is so "not raahht" having a somewhat attentive dog who notices visual images. (He also tried to mouth my toes tonight and got his first blast of Binaca in over two weeks. ) It worked. He left my feet alone. It's time for bed. Class tomorrow. Going to check out the Sultan/O'Dea soccer game and hang out with the piper at half-time. Then it's school work and some gardening...or maybe I will still feel like this and have to hang out in front of the fire with my dog...not bad...really.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bindi gets the Binaca blast regularly - one of these days it will make a difference. Until then, she rolls around on the floor trying to rub it off. Who is the piper??? M

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    The Piper is Scott McLean. He has a lovely wife, Lisa, and two teenaged boys, Ian and Derrick. At puppy class, they said if it doesn't work the first time, go exponential--the 2nd time, 2X, the third 4, the 4th-8X. calmly and you are the one giving the correction-hope that helps. Little Meister is back on leash full time in my house now or crated. He is deliberately pushing the envelope. Love you.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Maude said…

    Thanks! She hates the blast but it's not making much of a difference. I gave her a little freedom the last few days and she pooped on the carpet 2x yesterday so she's back on the leash too. xoxo, m

     

Post a Comment

<< Home