Mississippi Moments

Sunday, November 04, 2007


Found this...
"Trust what you know.
Then relax and settle into your point of view.
You don't need to persuade anyone to see the world your way.
Convince your self.
That's enough."

It's been a lovely weekend. Squishy and I had a long, wonderful walk at Shilshole.
We've played sheltie ball in the backyard.
I've loaded and stacked another bunch of wood.
Baked bread. Learned to make brown rice properly. It's not hard and I really like the taste, color and texture of brown rice.
Walked to church. Enjoyed being in that space. It was somehow like an old-fashioned hug. It all felt familiar. Then to the store-did my part reducing my carbon footprint.
Danced twice with the sistahs. It all seems to be going in. Will work on the sticking it to the framework of brainage and muscles.
Corrected the mistakes on the report cards. Was a minor wreck on Friday about all the missing pieces. Don't like to be told I have "issues" with computers because the truth is, I don't. What I have issues with are things changing all the time, crappy training, not enough time to do it at work while people who know are around, and being trained incorrectly in the first place and so having to take precious mind-energy and time to unlearn and relearn. I resent that. But I did it anyway and started out with a crisis-call to a team of pros--and got the support and direction I needed. I was heard, comforted, and given some ways to approach it differently. Was able to correct a bunch of stuff before I left work. I don't mind working hard. I mind working stupid and inefficiently. My life is too precious for that and in the long run, none of this matters or will be remembered. That is one of the perks of having been a teacher for 23 years. You know what matters and most of this kind of stuff doesn't.
I have decided to paint my kitchen and put in new to us cabinets--just one long one hopefully. A yellow kitchen. Reminds me of Grandma Surridge, although I think I'll pass on the carrot needlepoint or something like that on the wall. Wish I had one of those inset ironing boards though. That would be nice.
Bookgroup this weekend. Always, always come away nourished and challenged. An amazing, eclectic group of women. And books.
Now, time for lesson plans, and prayer...in front of the fire with relaxed dog and soft music.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    please before you lift a paintbrush can we have a conversation about proper and improper use of the color yellow??

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And then Junior Martha needs to make her way up to Mom's and assist in the yellow going in there. maude

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger MihErn said…

    yeth, we can. But yellow it will be...

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me and grams are sitting here, drinking tea, and laughing at all of you. she thought there was too much yellow in her kitchen too.

    acceptable use of yellow: accent (i.e curtains, border) and tile.
    unacceptable use of yellow: all over matte wall color in oppressively vibrant shade and large appliances.

    pretty sure the real estate agent will have more voice than the junior martha in these matters with mom... just sayin.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger MihErn said…

    I'm leavin' the wall paper up with the pears and others fruits on it, but the walls, cabinets, and anything else that wants to be is gonna be YELLOW.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and we had made SO much progress.

    ah well.

    bring on the yellow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home