Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It was like taking a field trip to Joseph's wood shop, I'm telling you! 29 intent, avidly focused, "Ora y Labora" energy-thing happening in the classroom for the last two days and only a few holes in the desks (because the teacher forgot to inform the students that they should work on the floor.-oops)They are learning and tomorrow, I will assess to see exactly what it is that they have learned. Still putting in the long, long, long hours, but we had a team meeting today with admin, and things are shifting. We get to have a release day and then some to work together on our report card template, our standards, our curriculum plan and our conferencing piece with the parents. We are moving from Team "Harmony" to Team "Hag" to Team "Hormone". We have thus begun to call ourselves "Team H' and are beginning our level meetings with "Hi. My name is____ and I drink too much because of my job." And then we clap and suck on the caffeine source.

It's autumn out there! The misty mornings enveloped in golden purples and reds--I can rename autumn-the fall, the cooling-time, the burgeon-time, the sunshine-kisser, the afternoon-luller, the laughter-keeper, the camping-beckoner, the peace-hours, the hope-time, the hunting-time, the pray-time, the wait-time, the breathe-time. We are moving into my favorite season. Little things are making the difference and the peace.

The latest word is that I'm not forgotten by my social worker and things are still moving as far as they are concerned. Until the next check-in.

Tonight was a big 'dinner-scrum" at Azteca in Mountlake Terrace. Just about everyone to celebrate three amazing human beings-Sara, BDR #6, and David Clayton-18 years old! Wow! It was a lovely way to reconnect, and difficult for some members. We all have stuff on our plates and I think it takes courage to show up when things are tense. I also think it takes courage to NOT show up if that is being true to yourself. I have chosen that many times and still do. It's about listening and trusting.
Time for HP#3 and some sleep. Tomorrow is school, dance, and move couch and then, see Jean and Laura and Mike in their home for the last time before moving day. There is no way to avoid it. "Hi. My name is EMR and I drink too much because my family of Choice are all moving away or leaving the planet"...dare I mention, it's Folgers?!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger About Me said…

    You found someone to help you with the couch, then? Let me know if that's not the case.

    Shooglenifty tonight. :)

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger MihErn said…

    Enjoy your self in a Ecossian kind of way! My littel hydro brother-crew chief of world champion hydro will bring big yellow truck to aid. I hope you are well! LOVE, E-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home