Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Psychology of Change--something to think about now that the rains hit today...
1. People change due to one of three reasons:
*they have spent adequate time in despair and frustration with their lives or circumstances
*they have hit rock bottom
*they learn they can change
2. Motivation increases and becomes more reliable as you learn you can change (ie. Do it, keep doing it, and you will want to keep doing it)
3. Change means moving out of your comfort zone.
4. We are different than all other creatures in that we can choose to change.
Why am I pondering this? A couple of reasons--I'm still not comfortable being alone with myself in my surroundings. I keep telling myself that it will just take time. Which brings me to the second point--I have time, I have choice, I have everything and the days just keep going by-positively--but without a whole lot of MEANING--and to a 4 who thinks too much--this is not the best. So, I'll just keep the kick-ass Celtic music going, heat up good soup, make the fires warm and cozy, read great books, do my accreditation homework, work out at home and away, watch a few movies, call some friends, and avoid Sheltie breeder numbers...but having a little male tri named Tango sounds really fun....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am struggling with the psychology of change today, not for myself, but against using it as a weapon, rather than just letting it be. do you understand?

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    Yes.......think on that one before you manifest....it can be powerful and it can generate tons of fallout.....much love, e-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home