Mississippi Moments

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Trebucher-to trip up...en francais. Good word to know. (Say Trebewshay)...AND it's a full moon.
I like going to French class most of the time. Tonight was no exception. For two hours a week, I sit at table, with a hot cup of tea in a beautiful blue cup, with educated women and we talk about everything and EN FRANCAIS. We discuss jazz, dance, politics, history, travel, regions, children, hiking, literature, articles and current events, fashion, movies, Life--and then we do a bit of grammar until next time. Once in une lune bleue, we will have a lovely glass of wine to mark something or celebrate.

Today and yesterday have been better days at school and here at home in me. Working out definitely makes a difference. Eating deliberately and well matters, too. Taking my time to be mindful with children and lessons-this also matters. Praying and discussing the Word with my friend, Mary J. (and eating the lovely soup and sandwiches she makes) are an uplifting start to the workweek. I used to hate Mondays...don't actually know why, and then we started praying together. I look forward to Mondays now.

Please keep your Love and Prayers focused on this F.W.I.P. (Family Work In Progress)Things are moving, like the canoe has pushed off from shore and we are paddling out to look at seals around the little peninsula covered wth trees..and the current is helping...alot! I will keep the blog posted as soon as I know more. The air is different here--sweet, cool, strong, tinged with a scent of rice paddy and lotus flower.
I'll finish with this thought from Rumi:
This is how a human being can change:
there's a worm addicted to eating grape leaves.
Suddenly, he wakes up,
call it grace, whatever, something
wakes him, and he's no longer a worm.
He's the entire vineyard, and the orchard, too, the fruit, the trunks,
a growing wisdom and joy
that doesn't need to devour.--translated by Coleman Barks

The teakettle's singing. Time for Red Rose in a Christmas cup with the little gnome-elf people dancing under the tree... some things are just so right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home