Mississippi Moments

Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
A wonderful time with my sistahs and my mother at Loolie's. Made for some very weird dreams the following nights.
We missed Sara and had some good times sharing stories and listening to our mother share tales of defiance and stubborn-ness where called for. And we've always thought she was so proper-HAH!
More of this, Girls...it's good for our souls...
Just returned from the winter wonderland that is Grays Harbor County and the Field. They do pretty well off the grid, but Will and Little Feather were cracking me up because she had vacuumed the entire house and didn't drain the solar power. We got to have our wine and music, too--all evening long! They have installed double the number of solar panels now..the kitties are all well and wearing their winter fat..I mean, forms. We shared ideas, happenings, books, good wine and cheese and pickles in front of a huge fire in a special brick oven that then heats up the entire house for the rest of the night.
I also enjoyed a lovely dinner with Turi this week. Looking forward to more of that this winter.
Looking forward to some time with nieces and nephews over the next couple of days and time in my classroom...and naps.
That's always good, too.
I want to hear that Coli returned safely home to NYC.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coli returned safely to NYC.

    She'll call you soon. She is sifting right now and may need some help.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger MihErn said…

    I understand. I bet these past few weeks were tough and loovely for her in many ways. I'll wait with my cup of tea. My Heart just needs to Know that my darlin' girl is back in her world so she can begin to find her footing again. Lovin' on ya...

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely dinner indeed! I totally support that sort of thing. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home